MokSana is pleased to be offering a month-long Yoga Immersion in June and July of 2013.
The intention of our Yoga Immersion is to deepen your practice and empower you with knowledge by steeping you in the theory and diverse practices of yoga for a full month.
You will receive the personalized attention and opportunity to diaglogue about yogic practices in a way that is not always possible in drop-in classes and leave the program with the ability to safely and intelligently modify/progress in your practice whether attending drop-in classes or practicing at home.
June 28 – July 21, 2013
Sessions will take place in the lovely upstairs Studio B. Maximum 14 students – sign up early to avoid disappointment!
Each day will consist of a combination of practice and theory. On Saturdays and Sundays there will be a one-hour lunch break.
The cost of the program is $650 + tax. Tuition includes all instruction and a textbook. Immersion students will receive a 15% discount on all workshops and merchandise for the duration of the program.
A $100 deposit is required upon acceptance to secure your spot. Payment plan available.
• We suggest 6 months’ yoga practice previous to the start of the program.
• A curiosity to learn more about the different practices of yoga.
• Asana (postures) – theory and practice of standing poses, seated poses, balancing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, inversions and sun salutations.
• Pranayama (breath work) – theory and practice of a number of different techniques.
• Meditation – practice and discussion of different techniques.
• Bandhas (energy locks) – application to pranayama and asana.
• Chakras (energy centers) & Koshas.
• Western Anatomy – a basic introduction to how yoga “works”.
• Yoga Philosophy – an introduction to Patanjali’s 8-Limbed Path of Yoga.
• Mantra (chanting).
• Prevention of common injuries.
• Dinacharya (healthy daily routine).
• Yogic Texts – an introduction to the ancient writings than inform our modern practice.
Ida Manly, E-RYT500: Ida has been practicing yoga since 1996 and has attended over 750 hours of teacher training within the diverse traditions of Hatha, Kripalu and Anusara Yoga. She loves to share and explore the various practices of yoga with others and looks forward to a month of “geeking out” on yoga with you!
with Guest Teachers:
Norman Sim, RN, BSN, Dip. Trad. Chinese Med., E-RYT500 (Western Anatomy & Injury Prevention)
Misha Butot, RCSW, E-RYT500 (Yogic Philosophy)
For more biographical information, please visit our Teacher Bios page.